If you are planning a trip to the Caribbean and are searching for Caribbean villas for rent, you’ve already noticed a ton of websites and ads claiming to be the best choice. However, a little research and the tips below will lead you in the right direction.
1. Choose the right island. Most Caribbean destinations have villas for rent, but not all the islands are created equal. If you are looking for peace and quiet and great food then Anguilla’s might be your best choice. But, if you’re looking for night life adventure and casinos, then St. Martin is a great choice.
2. Your budget. Before you start your search for Carribean villas for rent, be sure and have a set budget. You might also want to list out some “must-haves” which will make your search easier. Here are some things to consider on the “must-haves” list:
- Child-friendly (activities for the children, number of cribs, high chairs, nannies on site)
- Number of bedrooms, sizes of beds, number or private bathrooms
- Beachfront or massive ocean view
- Golf, tennis, skiing, snorkeling, or all the above
- Handicap accessibility
3. Consider who you are traveling with. If you’re traveling with young children or elderly parents, you’ll probably want to reserve a ground level villa. If you’re traveling with another couple, you may want to consider a multi-level villa with two equal size master bedrooms. This keeps down trouble when you have to decide who gets the larger bedroom!
Renting a luxury Caribbean villa vs. a hotel room has great advantages. Everyone is under one roof vs. down the hall from each other and once the children are put to bed the adults can still enjoy a quiet evening looking at the ocean or enjoying a private hot tub or pool!